As we all know, handset are equipped with one or more codes to protect it against unauthorized use. Please note that the security code, which protects the phone itself, differs from the PIN code, which protects the SIM card.
If your phone is prompting you for a security code, please try entering 12345, that’s the default security code for all Nokia phones. If you get a ‘Code Error’ message, that means you or someone has changed the default security code.
If you know the code, you are lucky, if you don’t, still you are luck 😉
Because the following is a method to recover your lost or forgotten security code of your handset. Which I tried it on my Nokia N82 handset, and it worked.
Once you have installed the above mentioned tools, follow these steps:
- Connect your phone in PC Suite mode
- Open Nemesis Service Suite (NSS)
- Click on scan for new devices button (top right hand side)
- Click on phone info button.
- Click on Scan.
- Select Permanent Memory.
- Click on Read.
- It will read the permanent memory file and save it on the disk at following path.C:\Program Files\NSS\Backup\pm\<IMEI>.pm
- Open the .pm file using Notepad.
- Now scroll until field , and on the 5th Record (5=) your security code is saved at there.
- Like 5=31313131310000000000
- Remove all “3” digit and it will be 31393734350000000000
- 19745 is your security code.