Bhart Airtel will commence operations tomorrow in the Island revolutionizing Sri Lanka’s mobile industry with its state of the art technology and customer friendly services, with its partnership with IBM for information technology and Huawei for network.
According to officials, Sanjay Kapoor, President Mobile Services of Airtel India and some high ranking officials will be coming to Sri Lanka for the launch.
Airtel has already set up 21 outlets across the country in;
- Avissawella – 05, Colombo Road , Avissawella
- Borralla – 1189, Maradhana Road, Borralla
- Chilaw – 02, Colombo Road , Chilaw
- Colombo-3 – A5 Super Market Bldg, Colombo-3
- Colombo-11 – 212, Main Street, Colombo-11
- Dehiwella – 8/1 Galle road, Dehiwella
- Gampaha – 57, Bauddhaloka Mw, Gampaha
- Ja Ela – 180, Pushpawansa Building, Colombo Road, Ja Ela
- Kaduwela – 455/2 New Kandy Road, Kaduwela
- Kaluthara – 161, Main Street, Kaluthara
- Kandy – 127 Peradenya Road, Kandy
- Karapitiya – 24, Labuduwa Road, Karapitiya
- Kegalle – 199, Main Street, Kegalle
- Kiribathgoda – 8/1 Kandy Road, Kiribathgoda
- Kurunegala – 44, Negombo Road, Kurunegala
- Maharagama – 61,Highlevel Road, Maharagama
- Negombo – 41 De Cross Road, Negombo
- Panadura – 35, Horana Road, Panadura
- Puttalam – 39-B, Kuruneagala Road, Puttalam
- Rathnapura – 269,Main Street, Rathnapura
- Wellawatte – 35, Galle Road, Wellawatte
Dialog and Mobitel mean while preparing to delight their loyal customers with some price revisions, which they are planing to unveil soon after the Airtel launch. Mobitel has send text messages to its customers, which confirm their price revision. And it goes like this…
Dear valued Customer, wait a
price revision of your current
Mobitel tarrif plan! We will
inform you of the good news
soon! Thank you
Some say competing with the existing market leader Dialog will be a tough task, since Dialog has a competitive advantage of economics of scale.
Sri Lanka has approximately five million mobile subscribers at present, which is a figure expected to double by the year end. Telecom growth in the country is now at 30% while celco penetration is at 44%.